Patented Early Recognition of Failures
The Schäfer Pumpen & Hydraulik SUMO Monitoring-System observes oscillating displacement pumps reliable while in operation
SUMO – Heavyweight protection for your pump
Defect detected – damage deflected: Thanks to the patented Schäfer Pumpen & Hydraulik Monitoring System SUMO, damages in piston pumps can be discerned before they occur. Based on the mathematical analysis of selected parameters, the system is able to calculate imminent failures or damages reliably.
Special sensors are thus used to continually evaluate the pumps‘ functionality and communicate the results to the SUMO software. The outcome can be comfortably viewed online.
SUMO can be introduced to new systems or retrofitted to existing pumps. Its modular design allows for gradual integration and commissioning of the one-of-a-kind Condition Monitoring System. Hence, individual system components can also be serviced during operation, saving time and cost.
The system was developed in cooperation with the Institute for Process Machines and Industrial Manufacturing Equipment at the University of Erlangen, Germany.
- Monitoring of gear section and fluid end
- Sampling rates of up to 50 kHz per channel
- Resistance strain gauges and solid borne sound sensors for high-definition measurement
- High-performance panel-PC for data collection and analysis
- Graphic display of monitored status
- Remote access via the plant control systems or direct access to panel-PC
- Quantitative monitoring of suction, conveyor and oil pressure
- Qualitative monitoring of the water inlet and oil temperature
- Condition monitoring of valve functions of all suction and discharge valves
- Condition monitoring of engine bearings
- Qualitative monitoring of the pressure gradients in the working chambers of the pump
- Qualitative determination of the volumetric efficiency of the pump
Find out more about our other services:
Schäfer Pumpen & Hydraulik has a comprehensive, on-demand maintenance program.